Below is information regarding the period of time for which the phone rings when called by the CareCalls service.
Default ring time
When a CareCall comes through, the phone rings for 20 seconds, after this the system will hang up and try again after a given period (10 minutes by default). This default ring time is set so we avoid hitting any answerphones in place.
Ring time options
We can extend the ring time to be up to 5 minutes.
How to extend ring time
If you wish to extend ring time:
- Make sure that the answerphone is turned off OR the ring time before the answerphone activates is LONGER than the ring time you desire for the CareCalls service. Depending on how your phone is set up, you can change your answerphone settings by a) changing the settings on the phone (See a list of BT phone manuals) or b) Calling your telephone service provider e.g BT, Vodafone e.t.c
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- The name of the person receiving the call
- the number the calls are received on
- The period of time you wish the phone to ring for